Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who I am!

Hello, my name is Thai Nguyen. You may be wondering why my URL is "www.TheAverageAsian.blogspot.com." Well the truth is that I truly am an average Asian. (Stereotype-wise) My academic grades are usually always A's because I am expected from my parents to make straight A's. Otherwise, they will yell at me for weeks about my lousy B in English class. To most people, a B is great, but to my parents, it's unacceptable. Also, as to the typical stereotypes about Asians and math, I do enjoy and do well in math classes. Next, Asian males are typically short in height. For instance, I am only a mere 5 foot 2 inches. Another aspect as to why I am an average Asian is because my first and last name is not American. It is a typical Asian name. I speak Vietnamese at home and English everywhere else. Usually while I am in class, I do not talk much because I know that listening and paying attention to what the professor has to teach is essential to succeeding in the class. I enjoy playing tennis and badminton on my free time. I am majoring in Computer Science at Georgia State University. I chose this major because I enjoy working with computers. Either it's dealing with building a computer or programming a computer, I enjoy it and I believe that I chose the right major. Despite the fact that computer science deals with a lot of math and binary numbers (zeros and ones), it is something I hope to do for my future career.  To sum everything up, I am a laid-back Asian who focuses in school, and not so much on my social life. Therefore, you can see that I am a typical average Asian.

No comments:

Post a Comment